Okay, so I am just tired tonight as I type this update. David and I laid sod all day Friday (it was a heat index of over 100 degrees that day!) and planted new plants around the pool and put down pine straw, then on Saturday, more of the same. Thank Goodness for the rain that made us go inside and we decided to take the kids to see Toy Story 3 (IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!). Sunday: more outside work, digging up shrubs, spraying weeds, repairing irrigation line, more pine strawing, digging up plants and relocating them to a new spot and moving furniture to the pool area. I love working in the yard and especially spending that time with David. I know, I'm strange, but I love being there with him while we are both doing a project we love to do. Yes, I know it has been in the high 90's here but I love every minute I get to spend with David.
We still need to finish laying the sod after the landscapers come in on Monday to put in our steps up to the pool area, put in a drainage line so our backyard doesn't have a river running through it when it rains, tear out the shrubs that David and I couldn't and install a new flagstone area off the deck.
WHEW! I'm tired and I have less than a week to go until Mary's b-day party. I still need to start pressure washing the walks and drive, clean the house, finish the games and prizes, iron-on the decals for the t-shirts, order the cake and do the grocery shopping and also do some shopping for two other birthday gifts for parties this week (and get Mary a gift too!). The kids are going to a VBS at one of the local churches this week in the mornings so I should be able to get somethings accomplished off my list while they are gone or I might just have to go back to bed one morning after I drop them off (HEE! HEE!).
We are ready to do nothing in July but have cookouts and lay by the pool. Don't you want to join us? We are looking forward to seeing you!
You need to visit old friends in July, not just lay by the pool. :)
ReplyDelete