Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Are We There Yet?

I feel like that is the question of the week.  Day 9 of pool installation and we just had the concrete poured - WOOHOO!  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and the bottom of my bottle of Tylenol  (need to put that on my shiopping list!)  Pool guy comes in morning to clean it and we have to do "Pool School" with the company who installed it so we will know how to run all the equipment and then we are finished - HALLELUJAH!  Then we get to lay sod and landscape, guess I know where I will be this weekend = working on getting the pool area ready for Mary's 12th Birthday party NEXT SATUDAY-EEK! 

Speaking of this weekend, it's Father's Day and we will be celebrating our fathers and for some of us, remembering our fathers.  I am so grateful for the husband I have who is a wonderful father and who is even sometimes better with the kids than I am.  We will take David out to lunch and give him our gifts but there are no gifts that can truly express how thankful we are for the blessings that David brings each day to us. 

It will also be a sad day because I will be reminded of how much I miss my dad.  He was a man of great integrity and compassion.  He was never afraid to be honest and real with me and he always had time to listen when I needed to talk to him.  He was a loving father and husband and a true example of what a father should be.  I love you Dad and I miss you very much. 

I am most thankful for the Heavenly Father I have.  He carries me when I can not go on.  He hears each cry and sees each tear.  He has promised to never leave me and His grace is sufficient.  His arms are always open wide and His heart loves me even more than I could ever imagine.  I am blessed and so grateful.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Michelle

1 comment: