Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pool Saga

This is in no way complaining - I am so grateful to be getting a pool in our backyard.
Okay so here we are day 3 of the pool installation and if I have to hear from the kids "When can we go swimming?" one more time I am checking myself into a padded room for a week!  I know they are excited - I am too! The pool is in and the plumbing is run to it and they are starting to backfill and the electricians should be here in another day to run the power to the pump and filter.  So somethings are moving along...
I am trying to take it in and roll with the hold-ups and delays and the foreman coming up to me and saying "I need to talk to you about something."  All in all it has been a pretty good experience and the company we are working with is great and so are the guys that have been in our yard for the past few days.  There have been a few things that have caused me to take a few extra tylenols and close the shades so I don't have to be reminded of them. 

Since our yard was anything but flat (try more like a ski slope in parts, we will need to look into putting sometype of retaining wall in one of the corners.  So a few more days delay!  I am reminded of how I never pray for patience and I'm glad I do- because this experience would have caused my head to explode if I was constantly praying "God, give me patience."   Because we all know what happens when we pray for patience!

We will watch out the windows as each day brings us closer to the pool being ready and getting more excited by the minute.  I look at the delays as a gift of more time to plan our "POOL PARTY" and to work on some invites and plan some good food and fun for all!  Most of you know that I am a "planner" and I like to have everything in order and have all my ducks in a row (or at least my pool floats in a row!)

Hope you are having a great summer!  If you want to stop by and hang out - we'll be in the pool by next week so pack your swimsuits and sunscreen and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment