Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Backyard Transformation pt.1

Well, the pool is finished and we are so glad to have most of the landscaping finished too!  We had the fence moved out to emcompass almost all of our backyard, we had some drainage pipes put in so our yard wouldn't stay so wet after a rain, we had some plants removed and some landscaping done.  Having different contractors here for the better of three weeks was enough to drive a person to drink (which I didn't!), but there were some days that I refused to open the shades on the back of the house because I was sooooo tired of all the upheaval.  but you know what?  It was all worth it.  Here are some pictures of the process:


This is a photo of the backyard before it all happens.

And the digging begins.  (I was joking about the guy kneeling down in the picture - I said, "See he is praying that this will go smoothly too!)  I guess even though it took a little longer than I would have liked, it went as quickly as it could putting a pool into a hilly backyard.
They kept digging.

Almost there!

And the pool was in by the end of day one!

And here is where we were at the end of week 1!

End of week 2 and 1/2! 

We are still planting and I will put up the pictures later this week of the finished product after the landscapers came in and put some huge steps in for us.  It is a totally different looking backyard and WE LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment