Monday, July 5, 2010

The Backyard Transformation Pt 2

Okay so we are getting very close to having the backyard completed.  A little more mulching and adding a plant here or there and we will be finished.  HALLELUJAH!  Anyway, I wanted to add a few more before and after shots so you can see the transformation a little more.

Okay here it what the area entering our backyard looked like.....


Now take a look at the entrance and notice how the gate is different too!!  I love it so much!

This is a view from the deck before..... 

And now look at it.... 

A view of the back of the house from the yard before....


And now....


Here is what the left side off the deck looked like...

And now you can actually see the deck!...

And we have a big change off our deck too!!...

We have a wonderful flagstone patio and walk that is so fantastic - I am shopping for some seating options for this spot as we speak!....

Here is a view of the pool area from the deck - we are so close to being finished with all the yard work...

And we also found a sweet little flagstone path that was covered by years of grass and dirt.  We plan on tackling this project when the weather turns cooler.  We want to restore as much of it as we can and make it a little longer to take it up to a planned firepit/sitting area up behind the pool.

Well, friends, that's all I have to share for now.  It has been an exhausting, painful, back breaking and nail-biting journey for the past 3 weeks but it is so worth it for two reasons....
They love the pool.  It's hard some days to get them out of it for dinner.  They are soooooo worth all the sweat and tears that David and I have put into this project for both Mary and Michael.

Oh and by the way, David and I are now the parents of a "TWEEN"....Mary turned 12 on Friday, July 2nd.  I cannot believe she is this old already.  She is becoming a beautiful young lady...see for yourself....

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  I want to give a shout out to the Parker Family who hung out with us today, went swimming and grilled out.  This evening we all went over to the Auburn Fireworks Display and spent some more time together as families and friends.  Love you guys!  They are a blessing to me and my family.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love, love love the pics!! Everything looks wonderful. I know you and David have worked so hard to get it looking so good. Thank you for inviting us to spend the 4th with you. We had so much fun with all of you Sunday! Lelia told me she wanted to be a teenager like Mary & Michael...lol.

    ReplyDelete