Saturday, July 10, 2010

Missing Mimi already.... :(

My mom (aka Mimi) had to leave today to head back to Tennessee to pick up Grandma at my Aunt Mary's house.  I think they'll head home to KY on Sunday.  I miss my mom! (and she has only been gone a few hours!)   It has been a really good 2 weeks just having her here with us and getting to celebrate Mary's birthday and taking us to the movies and loving on us!

                      A picture of Mimi with Mary and Michael.

Our family is soooo blessed because when Mimi is in town, she takes care of everything.  She helps with the house cleaning, the laundry and the ironing.  She takes us out to dinner and pays for everything.  She also takes care of the kids so David and I can have a date night (which rarely happens!).

My mom is amazing and I wish she lived here in Auburn so we could see her all the time, but I know she is not ready to leave the house that Dad did so much work in.  I know the house is a reminder to her of Dad everyday and she isn't ready to leave it.  I sorta of understand it and I sorta of don't understand it either.  I think it's part of the continual greiving process we are going through.  This month July, is a month of highs and lows in the emotions dept.  We start out very happy celebrating Mary's birthday on the 2nd and then celebrate more on the 4th with Independence Day.  As we get closer to the 14th, my emotions hit rock bottom and it's hard to recover some days from the heaviness I feel over Dad being gone.  I know time will heal some of this rawness of emotions I have but I am growing in my dependence on God that He will carry me through as He has always done. 

I am thankful for those of you who read and support me through it all.  You guys are wonderful and I love ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment