Today we visited a potential new church for our family.
I felt like the new kid in school.
I didn't know anyone.
I didn't see a familiar face.
It was an uncomfortable morning and a time for us to try out a new place.
The service was really good and we really loved the music (it helps to know the songs too!). The sermon was one most of us need to hear from time to time and we came away feeling that this might be the place for us. I'm just waiting for God to give us His approval; you know, the YES factor. At the previous churches we attended, I got the nudging/feeling that the church was the "right fit" for our family- so I'm just waiting on God because his timing is perfect and we all know mine is not...(maybe 15% of the time!).
This weekend we also celebrated our 15th Wedding Anniversary and David's 38th Birthday - a great way to kick off summer and to spend some time with family and friends. We are blessed to have these special people in our lives and although we may not end up at the same church, we will keep getting together and investing in one another's lives. Our friends here in Auburn are becoming our family and we love them to pieces. I wish all of you a relaxing Memorial Day with your friends and families and let us not forget those who gave their lives fighting for and protecting our freedoms.
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment