As we get ready for the summer vacation for the kids, we are changing seasons - so to speak. Leaving behind Spring and running full force into Summer with all the swimming, outdoor play, road trips, parties, birthdays and with all this the transition to Back to School in August and the new grades for the kids. New Chapters in our lives and Changes. Mary turns 12 in July and Michael turns 9 in September - Where did the time go? I remember being at the hospital when they placed Mary in my arms, I had changed from being just a wife to a mother. New experiences, a growing time as parents for David and I and a whole lot of learning for us both. It was a new season in our lives and we loved it and the same when Michael was born, we transitioned into a family of four - no longer three. Changes...Seasons... New experiences
As we approach this time we are also having to go through something very hard for us as a family. The church we have been attending since we got to Auburn will be closing its doors for good this Sunday. Auburn Church was very close to Crosspoint Church in Gulfport- where we had come from. We were in community group with wonderful people who continue to be a blessing to our family, we had experienced irresistable worship and God-loving people who worked with our children and shared His promises and love with them. And now our time together has come to a close... Many factors have contributed to this closing but that's not where I focus now. I have to focus on God and His promises to us. I have to be faithful and listen to where He leads us. God is SO much bigger than this church closing (even though my heart is breaking and I feel a little lost) and HE knows our hearts and sees each tear falling. HE will carry us through. We are leaning hard on HIM.
And so, here we are in a season of transition for us in finding a new church home here in Auburn. I feel like we just went through this all a year ago. But I know HE has plans for us and it will all be taken care of. It's just hard when you have to go through this without knowing the next step - but that's what faith is for. So I ask for prayers for us and for the families affected, especially the Jones Family, the pastor and his family. They are relying on God and are trusting Him for their future. We love them and are praying for their future and (hoping really hard that they can remain in Auburn), we know they are seeking HIS guidance and plans for their family.
There is a song by Charlie Hall, entitled "On the Road to Beautiful", the lyrics speak to me, especially now.
I crumble at Your kiss and grace
I'm a weakling in the dust
Teach me how to cling to You
With all my life and all my love
Father come to me, hold me up 'cause I can barely stand
My strength is gone and my breath is short, I can't reach out my hands
But my heart is set on a pilgrimage to heaven's own bright King
So in faltering or victory I will always sing
And on the road to beautiful
My seasons always change
But my life is spent on loving You
To know You in Your power and pain
You're my portion in this life
You're my strength now in my fight
And to You I pledge my heart
In the pain and in the dark I'll love You
I'll love You, I'll love You
My seasons ALWAYS change but God never does. HE is the one constant in this life and I will trust HIM in this season and in all the others.
Michelle
Listen to Casey Darnells new song... When waters Rise!!!! AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about the church....we love you and miss you so much! Love your new blog :)
ReplyDeleteSending hugs and kisses to everyone..Rach
I cried as I read this post. Thank you for sharing your heart. But most of all, thank you for being you! Love you friend.
ReplyDelete