Sunday, November 28, 2010

A time of thanks...

As Thanksgiving weekend draws to a close and we hit the ground running into the Christmas Season, I am reminded that I have much to be thankful for. I don't want to get so wrapped up in the "getting and doing" of this season that I forget to cherish these days and to be thankful. It's hard to do. With the holiday get togethers, Christmas programs, shopping, baking, wrapping, decorating, checking of lists (twice!), maintaining a (somewhat) clean house, and just doing the daily routine can really make us forget to be thankful. What I need to remember is that I have been given a life that is full of people who love me and a Heavenly Father who cares more for me than I will ever know! These busy times come and go (EVERY YEAR!!) but those two things remain the same.
Giving thanks and looking forward to each moment of this season (and beyond!).

1 comment:

  1. Got your beautiful Christmas card... your kids are so big and they look JUST LIKE y'all! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete