Friday, November 19, 2010

Praise you in this storm....

Today after school, Michael shared with me about an incident at school during lunch. Long story short, he ended up with his arm covered in salsa and was not to blame. As he was telling me, he began to cry and tell me that he doesn't have any friends in his class and he feels lonely sometimes.
As a parent- you want to drive to these kids' houses and give them and their parents a good tellin' to! Your heart breaks to hear this.
What do you do?
Well, I prayed as I hugged him. I prayed because as a parent it is hard to have the clarity enough to know what to pray for when your emotions are so raw. I know that things will change, they always do. Today, though, I am so thankful that God does not change and He is ever present and listening. Our heavenly Father listens as we cry and sees what we go through and is always there with us.

So, even though my son is going through something not so great - I will still turn to God and praise Him and continue to teach my children to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment