Life moves too fast. There, I said it. Life changes too. Sometimes for the better and sometimes not.
~One day you are giving birth to a baby girl and before you know it, she is beginning her 5th grade school year and dreaming of being a designer.
~One day your son is watching Thomas the Tank Engine and playing with his trains(which he knows all their names) and the next, it seems, he is playing his Nintendo DS and ripping music to his iPod.
~One day you walk down the aisle on your dad's arm and it seems that before you know it he is gone.
~One day the excitement of turning 21 and getting your license (that no longer has the UNDER 21 stamped all over it) and before you know it you are dreading the fact that your license states you are 39.
~Celebrating your 30th with over 25 people at your house at 7:30 in the morning for a surprise birthday breakfast- (true friends getting up that early!) and then only 10 years later you are wondering who would come to celebrate your 40th with you.
~One day you wake up and it's the first day of summer vacation and you wake up the next and the kids are heading back to school.
"Time flies when you're having fun"
It flies by when you are spending time with family who you see once a year.
It flies by when you actually can have a date night with your hubby.
It flies by when you and your girlfriends from high school get together.
It flies by when you are listening to you child learn to read.
Well, I'm here to tell you it flies when you're not having fun too.
It flies by when you are trying to spend as much time as you can with a loved one who is dying.
It flies by when you are going through a difficult move and need time to process everything.
It flies by when you realize that the hopes, plans and dreams for your future are not coming true.
"Life sucks", I've heard and said many times. It does sometimes, but I also know that "Life is good", VERY GOOD too! I have often wondered if I had a pause button for my life, when and where would I have used it? My wedding day? The day I gave birth to my babies? The day I became a Christian? My last day with my father? Looking back I think I can easily pick out the days that needed to be slowed down but at the same time, I know that I needed to savor those moments and days and be thankful that I got to experience them. Yes, be thankful that I was in pain from childbirth and that my heart was breaking when I had to say goodbye to dad. Through the pain and through the laughter and joy, I have grown stronger and it has made me who I am today.
Well said Michelle
ReplyDelete