Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feeling very ADD these days...

I'm not sure what it is. Most of my friends know me as the one who has things organized, has all the ducks in neat rows, has all the plans made, a task master until the job is done.

NOT LATELY!

For example: I grabbed a pair of shorts out of the dryer yesterday morning for Michael and placed the basket to unload the rest of the dryer......3 hours later I walk back into the laundry room and it's all still waiting for me - dryer door open and light still on.

Every year we throw a costume party the weekend of Halloween. We decorate the house and the yard and have lots of fun with our friends. By now, I would have had the entire house decorated and have been planning the food.

NOT THIS YEAR!

I can't get past deciding where to put things and this and that and so I lose interest because I don't feel like I can make a decision or finish the task at hand.

Is it turning 40 that has done this? Is it something else psycological? Is it being a tired, mom who feels she has lost a bit of herself and her joy over the past few years? Is it the overwhelming sense of loss from losing several friends lately? WHAT IS IT?

Maybe I just need a break from my life? Maybe a chance to step out of my "normal" to refresh my spirit? Maybe just to spend some time with a great friend over a pot (or two!) of coffee?

I know I posted this before but I think the words are somewhat appropriate for the "lost-ness" I am feeling. Through it all I love and trust in my Lord and I know that He will hold me up, because right now I can barely stand.
On The Road to Beautiful......


No comments:

Post a Comment